I realized that those visiting for the first time through the WordPress community or those from Facebook who may not know me very well would like a more official “About Me” page. Whether or not I’m sane will be left up to your discretion 😉
Mostly I consider myself a semi-functioning adult with a personality and mental state that resembles a snarl of Christmas tree lights 99% of the time.
I’m a 36 year-old with:
- a darkly humorous, cynical view of the world and of humanity (no explanation needed, just turn on the news people).
- a handful of Betty White’s personality, usually resulting in a missing mouth filter and a lot of sarcastic, no-bullshit attitude.
- an immature 12-year old brain that is close to the gutter if not rolling around in it.
- a mix of fibromyalgia, depression, anxiety, and insomnia (what I like to call FADI).
- a need to try to make a difference in this world that seems to be circling the drain.
- a spilled box full of crazy cat lady syndrome.
- 2+ years of therapy under my belt. Trust me, it used to be a lot worse.
- Video games – PC mostly, sandbox open worlds, RPGs, simulations, etc.*
- Reading – post-apocalyptic and “end of the world” fiction, biographies, historical fiction, fantasy, science fiction, Stephen King, Ready Player One, and a lot of Kindle Unlimited books.*
- Cats – obviously. Though I am pretty much an overall animal lover and prefer them to people most of the time. Am also experienced in various cat illnesses, food, toys, etc.*
- History – a lot of “weird” history, unique historical references, historical fiction, political history, and so on (it’s really a mixed grab bag for me).*
- Music – A constant rotation of music, from Journey and Aerosmith to Lady Gaga to Dolly Parton to Disney songs, to more recently, favorite unique artists I’ve found through YouTube and other places.*
- Everything else – psychology (as much as I dislike most people, I’m fascinated by concepts like groupthink and different mental illnesses), Amazon and android products groupie, documentaries (the weirder or more unique the better), TV shows*, hobbies I can’t seem to ever get around to like woodburning, painting, crocheting, gardening, etc.
*I plan to have some posts about these in more detail as there is too much to cover here. I’ll probably also want to review some stuff.
And just for funsies (and become I love memes), I’ll round this out with 5 memes that I feel best describe me. Because if I can make someone else laugh, then not all hope for humanity is lost 😉